Welcome to Be My Eyes!
Be My Eyes is a support community millions strong, available globally day or night, and has volunteers answering calls in more than 185 languages.
Whenever you need a pair of sharp eyes, Be My Eyes is a simple, free tool that connects you with a global community of volunteers and company representatives who are ready at a moment’s notice to lend their eyesight for everyday tasks.
FREE. GLOBAL. UNLIMITED and AVAILABLE 24/7.
Sign up as a user to get free visual support with tasks like reading labels, matching clothes, troubleshooting technology, setting up home appliances, or any other simple task a volunteer can complete over live video. If a task is too complicated or requires expertise, call one of our company partners for on-demand video customer support via Specialized Help.
How it Works
- Anyone 17 or older may sign up as a visually impaired user or volunteer.
- Calls are connected based on daytime timezone and language. The average wait time is about 15 seconds.
- When a call is answered, a live one-way video (two-way audio) is initiated, allowing volunteers or company representatives to see what’s in front of the user’s camera and provide verbal support. Note: Specialized Help availability varies by region and company opening hours.
Download the app
Sign up in the Be My Eyes app
After downloading, launch the Be My Eyes app to register. The app will take you through a short 5-step registration process:
- Select whether you want to sign up as a blind user or a sighted volunteer.
- Choose whether you want to sign up with Facebook, Google or email. For iOS users, Apple ID sign up option is available as well.
- Confirm your email address by clicking the verification link that is sent to your email.
- Select your primary language. - When you make a call, you'll be connected to the first available volunteer, who speaks your primary language. You can always change your preference and add secondary languages in the app settings.
- Allow access to microphone, camera and notifications to be able to make video calls.
You are now ready to make your first call!
Most Popular Uses for Be My Eyes
- Reading home appliances
- Reading product labels
- Matching outfits and identifying clothes
- Help in the kitchen
- Reading digital displays or computer screens
- Navigating TV or game menus
- Operating vending machines or kiosks
- Sorting music collections or other libraries
- Picking jewelry or crafts
You can call for on-demand video customer support from professionals at any of our well-known partner companies, without leaving the Be My Eyes App. Providers vary by region and language, but include households names in the following categories:
- Web and Computer Technology
- Health and Beauty Products
- Banking and Finance
- Blindness Organizations