Siri is a great way to open Be My Eyes, initiate a new call to volunteers or a Specialized Help company - no button-pressing required!
Default Siri phrases:
- “Hey Siri, open Be My Eyes.” > action: opens Be My Eyes app.
- “Hey Siri, make a call with Be My Eyes” > action: opens Be My Eyes app and makes a call to volunteer.
With the Be My Eyes 3.3 version or later, Siri Shortcuts let you create personalized Siri phrases to call volunteers or Specialized Help companies.
Siri Shortcuts are custom phrases to invoke a specific action within the app. For example, you can set up a phrase such as “Call volunteer” to call a random volunteer or “Call Google” to call Google on Specialized Help.
Smart “Add to Siri” suggestions
Be My Eyes suggests Siri Shortcuts right when you need them. If you make several calls to a specific Specialized Help company, Be My Eyes might suggest adding it as Siri Shortcut. You can then add a custom phrase to call that specific Specialized Help company. The “Add to Siri” suggestion will be shown as a prompt after the call.
Adding shortcut from the Be My Eyes app settings
- In the Be My Eyes app, go to Settings > Siri Shortcuts.
- You’ll find a list of ‘Added Shortcuts’ and a list of ‘Suggested Shortcuts’.
- Tapping one of the ‘Suggested Shortcut’ will open the Shortcut composer page.
- In the Shortcut Composer page, you can write a personal phrase in the ‘When I say:’ text field. Try to write a simple phrase that you'll remember.
- Tap ‘Add To Siri’ button.
Run a shortcut with Siri
After you add a shortcut to Siri, you can run the shortcut by saying your personal phrase to Siri. Just say "Hey Siri," plus the personal phrase you created for the shortcut.
Technical note: Running Siri Shortcuts requires iOS 12 or later on iPhone, iPod Touch, HomePod, or Apple Watch Series 3 or later, and iOS 12 or iPadOS or later on iPad.
Delete a shortcut or change its phrase
- In the Be My Eyes app, go to Settings > Siri Shortcuts and navigate to ‘Added Shortcuts’ list.
- Tapping one of the ‘Added Shortcut’ will open the Edit Shortcut composer page.
- To change the phrase for the shortcut, edit ‘When I say:’ text field, then tap the ‘Save Shortcut’ button.
- To delete a shortcut, tap the ‘Delete Shortcut’ button.